Sunday, June 3, 2012

Buttery Garlic Shrimp

Here we are again in my Pinterest Test Kitchen!  When I repinned this recipe last week I swore I would try it so here we are.  There is no real title for this recipe so I've dubbed it Buttery Garlic Shrimp.  I can't really call it Scampi since, to me, that is WAY over powering.  Anywho... we did this recipe for dinner tonight.  My family was skeptical at first.  Oh no!  Not something "new"!  Good gracious!  I get so tired of having the same thing week in and week out!  Don't you?

Ok, back to it.  The OP (Original Pinner), known as "Diana", claimed this was supposed to be "The Best Shrimp You Will Ever Taste!"  So, let's see!

Here is the recipe pin.  Easy peasy instructions. 

Preheat oven to 350. 
Line a shallow baking pan with foil. 
Melt a stick of butter in the pan.  (I chose to nuke my butter in the microwave.) 
Layer lemon slices on top of the butter.
Add the shrimp.
Sprinkle the Italian seasoning packet over the shrimp. (For whatever reason, I chose Hidden Valley's Italian Salad Dressing Seasoning Packet I'm not sure if the OP meant dried herbs like oregano, basil, etc. but the term packet made me think of that stuff anyway!)
Bake for 15 minutes.
Our ingredients!  Just enough for a family of 5.
Oven Ready
Buttery Italian Yummy Goodness
I'm thinking my shrimp aren't as golden as the OP's, since mine were peeled already.  Now, let me just say, if you don't already know me, we are a family of five and rarely do we agree on ANY dinner menus.  Everyone thought this was FABULOUS!  Even the sullen teenager said it was "yeah, pretty good."
We served ours with broccoli and brown rice.
So I asked my husband if he thought it was the "best shrimp ever".  He thought it was REALLY good and wished I doubled the recipe, but it comes in a close second to Red Lobster's Parmesan Shrimp.  So, I'm thinking next time I'll add a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
I drizzled a little of the herb butter from the pan over the shrimp.
Mmmm.....
Easy Peasy?  Yes!  Yummy?  Double Yes!!
So far, I'm two for two on Pinterest test recipes!  Yeah!

Can't wait to see what's next!

1 comment: