Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bubble Art

Today we had a great rainy day activity.  I saw this pin from fellow pinner, Kristina Sauerwein, she pinned it from Marcia Beckett's blog, Art is Basic.  To be honest, I didn't look up the directions from Marcia's blog, seeing that the OP's notes were all I needed.  Add food coloring to bubble solution and blow bubbles on the paper.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy baby!

I had a bottle and a half of bubble solution.  We had an extra wand from another botched attempt at a glow in the dark bubbles pin.

I also used giant milkshake straws for bubble wands too.

Here are the results:

Our Supplies

My bubble artists

Adding the food coloring

Is it Easter?

Mixa Mixa Mixa!

Dipping

Bubbling

Popping

L's Creation

V's Masterpiece
This activity kept us occupied for at least an hour!  I joined in the fun as well.  A word to the wise, wear an old shirt or an apron.  When you're close to the paper and the bubbles pop, you'll be splattered all over like a Jackson Pollock original!  It'll be on your shirt, on your table, on your walls, on your floor, on your arms, on your face... you get the picture!

We turned our newly dried creations into one of a kind birthday cards for Gramma (sshh!  Don't tell!)

Another Pinterest success!

No comments:

Post a Comment